QLogic takes great care in the development and protection of its trademarks and reserves all rights of ownership of its trademarks. These trademarks include the QLogic logo and other designs and logos owned and used by QLogic, as well as QLogic product and service names. QLogic trademarks are important corporate assets, and QLogic requires that they be used only in accordance with this Trademark Policy.
QLogic limits the use of its logos. You may not use QLogic logos unless you have the express written permission of QLogic, or are licensed by QLogic to do so. Permissible use of QLogic logos must comply with this Trademark Policy, any license or usage requirements for the logos, and any brand guidelines.
"Fair use" of QLogic trademarks, that is, use by a third party without express permission or license, is limited to text-only references to QLogic trademarks such as product and service names, and excludes QLogic logos. In such references, you must be truthful, must not disparage QLogic, and must not mislead the public. You must be clear and accurate as to the nature of the relationship between QLogic and your company, its products, and its services. When making fair use of QLogic trademarks, you must properly mark and attribute them.
The first reference in text to a QLogic trademark must be followed by the proper trademark symbol. The proper symbol for registered trademarks is ®. The proper symbol for trademarks which are the subject of pending applications or are used in accordance with common law trademark principles is ™. Whenever a QLogic trademark is used, acknowledgement of QLogic’s ownership must be provided in the following manner:
"[insert permissible mark] [is a/are] registered trademark[s] or trademark[s] of QLogic Corporation."
In order to preserve its reputation and protect its trademarks, QLogic diligently guards against infringement and dilution of its trademarks. Use of QLogic trademarks together with counterfeit products, QLogic products obtained from sources other than authorized QLogic vendors, or QLogic products falsely advertised as new, will not be tolerated.
You can minimize your risk of unauthorized use of QLogic trademarks by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Do not use the QLogic corporate logo or any other QLogic logo without the written permission of QLogic.
- Do not alter, adapt or modify any QLogic trademark.
- Do not use a QLogic trademark in a manner that is likely to cause confusion about the origin of any product, service, program, material or other offerings.
- Do not use a QLogic trademark or name in a manner that is likely to give the impression or otherwise imply an affiliation or association between you, your products or services, and QLogic, or any of its products, services, programs, materials, or other offerings.
- Do not use any QLogic trademark or name as or as part of a company, product, service or program name.
- Do not use a QLogic trademark or name in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm the reputation of QLogic.
- Do not use, register or seek to register any trademark, name, or designation that is confusingly similar to the QLogic name or any QLogic trademark.
- Do not copy or imitate any QLogic trade dress, type style, logo, product packaging, or the look, design, or overall commercial impression of any QLogic website, blog, or other materials.
- not register or use any domain name that incorporates any QLogic mark or name.
- Do not use the QLogic trademark name for a product or service as a noun, or in the plural form.
- Always use the proper spelling for QLogic’s trademarks.
This Trademark Policy is not intended to serve as legal advice. Should you have questions regarding your legal rights or duties, please consult your own attorney. Should you have further questions regarding QLogic’s Trademark Policy, please contact the QLogic Marketing team.